Oct 17, 2016

Who Is In Times Square?

So, the first nine weeks has come and gone.  I have the sweetest bunch of kids in my homeroom and in my Block 1 and 2 classes!  With starting in July however, I was ready to see Fall Break arrive!  The first week of break, I traveled to New York City for the first time with my bestie.  It was an awesome trip!  Before the nine weeks had ended, I started preparing lesson plans for the first week after break.  Every year, we read The Cricket In Times Square.  The kids always love it, as do I!  So with going to New York on the break, I decided that this novel was what I would be teaching when returning from break.  

I worked days and nights on a new Novel Packet for this book.  

During my second week of break, I put together the things that I had acquired while in New York City to share during this novel study.  I am so pleased with how it turned out!  Today, was our first day back, and we began this novel.  The kids are already loving it.  I knew they would!  So, if you teach reading, then you will want to pick up this novel packet.  It is geared toward 3rd-5th grade and you can find it here.  If you do purchase it, please let me know what you think, because I put my heart and soul into creating it!
Chatterbox Blessings,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from others! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

Building A Classroom Community

Classrooms are actually communities...after all, educators and students spend a lot of time there together....at least seven hours, five...