Sep 2, 2013

Math Notebooking and Sept. Currently

Wow!  September already!  
We've been in school since the end of July, so we are in full force in second grade!
Something that I am trying with my second graders this year is Math Notebooking {Journaling}.  I have done this in the past with third graders but this is a first for me since moving to second grade.  
As with anything else, model and practice is a must.  My students are starting to get the hang of it, and they are LOVING it!  So, I thought I'd share some pics of us journaling during Math in second grade!


Now Math isn't that dreaded time of the day for many students...my class can't wait to to do Math...and their journaling each day!  SCORE!
Now...on to September Currently...
Listening:  Usually the tv is going in the background...and I'm not sure what is really on.
Loving:  My hubby cooks dinner from time to time, and tonight it is Dirty Rice...it is amazing!  Thanks, honey!
Thinking:  How blessed I am!  God is SO GOOD!  All the time!
Wanting:  I love to skype with my precious grangirl since we don't get to see each other often.
Needing:  Always...laundry...uggghhh!!!
The last box is for three things we'd love to accomplish this month.  Mine are...
1.  To ride my bike three times each week...no matter what!  lol
2.  Lose at least 5 pounds...is that too much to ask?  hee hee
3.  Get to bed earlier...I stay up way to late on school nights!  
Thanks again to Farley for always hosting this fun linky party!
September Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. One of my goals is to also to sleep earlier too! Developed by sleeping habits over the summer! Good luck! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and helping me find marbles :). I love your blog and I am now your newest follower!

    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your math journals!! I'm really wanting to do this with my math class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the math notebooking! Can't wait to see more as the year progresses!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from others! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

Building A Classroom Community

Classrooms are actually communities...after all, educators and students spend a lot of time there together....at least seven hours, five...