Oct 22, 2011

My Bucket Runneth Over

This is the first year that I am doing "Bucket Fillers".  My kiddos are loving this...and so am I!  This past week was our first week back after a two week Fall Break.  

And...on our first day back, we got TWO new students.  My students have always greeted and welcomed new students because I really strive to create a classroom community right from the start.  But to actually SEE the full buckets of my new students really made an impression on me and confirmed my belief in creating that close, caring community within our class!  I have to tell you that MY bucket was overflowing JUST BY SEEING this!

Wishing you a bucket that is overflowing!
Chatterbox Blessings,
  

2 comments:

  1. What a warm welcome to your new kids on the block! Research shows that the most likely target of a bully is the new kids - NO such issue in a classroom likes yours - thanks for being SO proactive and teaching them to be KIND and caring!!!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! We are bucket fillers too. We fill our bucket with helpful hearts. At the end of the year we make bracelets with the hearts. My kiddos love it and it is amazing throughout the year the things the kiddos notice.

    I would love for you to come visit and follow me back. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from others! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

Building A Classroom Community

Classrooms are actually communities...after all, educators and students spend a lot of time there together....at least seven hours, five...