Jun 19, 2012

Made It Monday

I love having such freedom with my schedule in the summer...you know what I mean...no set time to get up, lunch whenever you want, go to the restroom when you actually need to go [lol], and for me crafting and creating.  When my boys were still at home, they would walk by my craft room and say, "Oh, it's craft Saturday, isn't it?"  I'd be up to my elbows in glue, glitter, paper!  
During the summer any day can be craft day, and I love that!  Even if it's just something simple, it makes me happy!  I adore vintage ephemera...like old tickets, labels, postcards, etc.  I also adore ribbon...all kinds and especially velvet!

Well, I sometimes come up with an idea or see something cool that I'd like to do but don't have anything to jot it down on.  Then I have to rely on my memory until I get home, and these days, not such a good idea!  lol  If I do get lucky and find a scrap of paper, it gets lost eventually or I have a pile of scraps and have to spend time sorting through the pile!  
So I bought this little pocket notebook.  I really like this one because it has metal edges to it!


But I had to make it "my own" so I got out my stack of ephemera, glue, ribbon, etc. and went to work.


I took out the ribbon bookmark and replaced it with my own:  two velvet ribbon ones.


I created little sections for websites, bulletin board ideas, center ideas, etc.
I think it turned out pretty cute.  I can't wait to start filling it up!

Now, head over to see what everyone else has been making at 4th Grade Frolics.

12 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! You just got my mind going on some ideas here...I also love to craft! It's so relaxing and fun.
    Mrs. Sheehan
    learninginwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute Rebecca!! I fill up so many noteboooks, this would be a fun one to have!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and too funny! I am going to get a notebook today to take notes in!!! I love how you personalized yours!!! Thanks for sharing and for linking up::))) Come back next week:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I like how you added personal touches with the stickers.. perfect idea!

    -Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your notebook turned out really cute!! I love notebooks of all colors, sizes and themes. I just bought a really cute Mickey Mouse one that I plan to use to put all of the ideas from Pinterest that I want to have at my fingertips. Thanks for sharing!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your notebook. Love the personal touches.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to jot down ideas on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how unique you made it to look after all the personal touches you added :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative! :) I like this idea! Thanks for sharing!
    AlwaysALesson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following my blog Rebecca! I can't wait to explore some of your posts :)

    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THIS!!!! Thank you!!!

    Brianne

    http://frombehindthelavenderdoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from others! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

Building A Classroom Community

Classrooms are actually communities...after all, educators and students spend a lot of time there together....at least seven hours, five...