Apr 6, 2012

Pysanky Eggs and Thunder Cake!

Meteors...Pysanky Eggs...and Thunder Cake...interesting mix, huh?  lol

This past week, we had such fun with our Patricia Polacco books/author study!
{I'll be uploading my activities for my members at TEACHER'S CHATTERBOX}

My kiddos LOVED learning about pysanky eggs...the history...the colors and patterns...the process of making them.  Then, they designed their own paper pysanky egg.  

They turned out really cute!  Each student had a turn to share his/her egg with the class and tell why colors and patterns were chosen.

Yesterday was THUNDER CAKE day.  A character study, sequencing, and using a recipe were skills that we focused on for this book.  I always watch the weather closely each year when I am doing Patricia Polacco books.  I try to hit it just right for sharing Thunder Cake.  This week, the only day it was suppose to rain was Thursday {our last day this week due to Good Friday}.  I thought it would be a PERFECT way to end this author study...well, the weather didn't cooperate this year.  A storm did actually start...at dismissal!  Ugghh!  We enjoyed Thunder Cake anyway!  

Actually this year, I opted for individual cakes so they could have their own little cake.
THEY LOVED THEM!!!
Remember, I'll have activities for Rechenka's Eggs and Thunder Cake in the member's area of Teacher's Chatterbox!  If you aren't a member, I'd LOVE for you to consider being one!

Happy Good Friday, everyone!
And many happy Easter Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from others! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

Building A Classroom Community

Classrooms are actually communities...after all, educators and students spend a lot of time there together....at least seven hours, five...